HOW TO STAY AWAKE IN MEETINGS: (OFFERED AS A PUBLIC SERVICE)
Do you keep falling asleep
in meetings and seminars? What about those long and boring conference calls?
Here’s a way to change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar,
or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5″ x
5″ is a good size. Divide the card into columns – five across
and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
* strategic fit
* core competences
* best practice
* bottom line
* to tell you the truth (or “the truth is”)
* out of the loop
* think outside the box
* fast track
* empower (or empowerment)
* knowledge base
* at the end of the day
* touch base
* client focus(ed)
* game plan
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout “BULLSHIT!”
Testimonials from satisfied “Bullshit Bingo” players:
“I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won.” – Adam, Atlanta
“My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically.” – David, Florida
“What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win.” – Dan, New York City
“The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box.” – Ben, Denver
“The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed ‘BULLSHIT!’ for the third time in two hours.” – Paul, Cleveland